BIIAB Personal Licence
BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
According to the Licensing Act 2003, you will need to hold a personal licence for the retail sale of alcohol. This licence involves being accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), and it needs to be government approved.
This qualification covers the syllabus set by Government. This means candidates can fully understand the law in relation to:
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- the application process for a personal licence
- the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the premises licence
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- unauthorised licensable activities
- permitted temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
This qualification is for for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises.
For any unanswered questions about this course please see our FAQ page.
Current available dates
(Click on the venues to see more location information)
If you can't find a course in your local area, please look at our Virtual Personal Licence Courses which can be in the comfort of your own home.
Our office is open seven days a week for bookings and to help our clients with any queries and information for their forth coming projects.
We are the one stop shop - providing the courses, qualifications & applications for Personal and Premises Licences and consultancy provided by our award winning experienced team.
We run all our courses at public venues chosen for their friendly comfortable surroundings to ensure our delegates have a relaxing learning experience, information on parking and public transport links is given upon booking.
For any customers who would prefer to take the course and exam in the comfort of their own home or office we provide the same presentation with re caps and opportunities for questions via Zoom with an online exam at a date and time to suit them subject to availability.
For more information contact Jackie or Bill
Sunday 11th December
Sunday 18th December
Sunday 8th January
Sunday 15th January
Sunday 22nd January
Sunday 29th January
Sunday 5th February
Sunday 12th February
Sunday 19th February
Sunday 26th February
1 day in total: £140 (+VAT)
The course rate includes the BIIAB Personal licence Work Handbook posted prior to the course, full training, exam and certificate which is received within 4 working days of the course.
Personal Licence Application:
Let us take the strain! For just £130 (incl VAT) we will process your Personal Licence application from start to finish, this charge INCLUDES the Criminal Records Board check which costs £30 and the licence fee of £37
Please note: All bookings for Sundays need to be booked before midday on the previous Friday.
We now offer a new service: Premises Licence Application -including a site visit and advice. For more information click here.
We now offer a Designated Premises Licence Holder course - why not stay on after your Personal Licence course and add to your qualifications. For more information click here.
To book a Personal Licence course email Jackie: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on